Friday, June 13, 2014

A little bit of everything.

Good afternoon!  At least it is in our home. 
I am sorry for not being able to post as frequently as I would like.  When I do post I have to use my work's laptop and I usually don't have that out at will.   I am not for sure why I have a need to tell you this - who are you anyhow?  Who's really reading this... haha.

So, for some updates: 
POTTY TRAINING - GX is almost done with week two of potty training!  I honestly wanted to give up on the first day - I didn't think I WAS READY.... GX was for sure ready - totally.    But we stuck with it and it seems to be going well.  I am such a "researcher" and "data driven" type of person that it's hard for me to do something new without details before hand.   How often should he go?  How much should he go?  When should he go?  Where should he go? This and that?  and Whom and What and When and WHHHYYY is he peeing in the kitchen - again!?!   =]  But seriously.
I need to look at the small achievements he has made in the last two weeks.
He has not had a wet nap - wakes up from his 3 hour nap coma dry.
The last four nights he has woken up dry.
I've only had to change three or four poopy accidents - the rest our successess.
We can tell when he has to go now - he holds his peepee. 
This morning he asked to go potty when he woke up!

We are getting there!    He's just so big.  Although I get frustrated - he never stops amazing me.  His creativity, his quickness, and his compassion is amazing.   I pray that God does something great with him. 

FAMILY UPDATES - Jacob graduated high school.  That is my brother in law who has been living with us the last year and a half to finish high school.  We are so happy and proud of him.  He's becoming an adult!   Jeremiah is enjoying his job for the most part.  It's great to have a little extra income over the summer (yeah new kitchen table that can sit three times as many as our small one)!!    Matthew, our summer college student, has also been a joy in our household - he is working and keeping busy but enjoys grilling with the family. 

VBS - yes.  Vacation Bible School.  Growing up I had loving parents who took me to a small country missionary baptist church.  But it wasn't until about two years ago that my husband and I started going to a larger christian church.   It's truly changed me, and in a good way.  I am always transforming and trying to become better. Although I never grew up going to camps, Wednesday nigh programs, VBS - these past two summers serving has been wonderful.  I do wish I had those opportunities as a kid, but it's good to know that I am getting to help others learn more about Jesus and what our mission is on earth.    Know the MASTER, know the MISSION.  
Mission 1 - be loyal to our KING
Mission 2 - be humble and serve others
Mission 3 - perserve and don't give up
Mission 4 - recruit others and spread the good news. 

MY PERSONAL SPIRTUAL GROWTH - I struggled, a lot last night, about the kitchen.  YES, the kitchen.  DISHES - GAH... DISHES!!    Now that there is another adult in the house dishes are more apparent.  Are there any other adults who feel like they are they only ones doing something in the house?  The laundry, the sweeping, the mopping, the vaccumming, the dish (un)loading, the dishes by hand, the cooking, the buy food, the cleaning table, the... the...  the "the's" never end!  I felt so bad about myself that I eneded up hurting my husband - never my intentions - just frustrated with potty training and living with four boys in general.    But while at VBS we are learning to be humble, serve others and that we are to do things for those in need.    So my question is - is it wrong for me to be upset that I feel so alone serving those in our house instead of others in need?
 
A few girls and I are working on a few books this summer.  The meetings HAVE BEEN wonderful.   I have never been as into my bible as I have had this summer.  I hope to create a loving office habit with Jesus that by the time crazy school starts I will CRAVE having time with the word and Jesus.  Our church, as mentioned before is a larger christian church, does a wonderful job helping us learn what it means to live and love like Jesus.    Through VBS, serving in Jr. High sunday school classes, or having women meet - it's been awesome!   I look at my husband, and our house, and just can't imagaine us living without God in our lives.  Even our rules for Gideon are based around the bible. 


OUR FAMILY RULES:
1) Listen and Obey (do as you should)
2) Be Gentle (with our words and hands)
3) Have a good attitude (no whinning/complaining/throwing fits/be content)
I personally love them - they cover everyhing!  Our 27 month old knows to even say "yes, ma'am!"  YUEAH!!   

More updates:

HEALTH - I am trying so hard to lose weight this summer.  I need to stay focus (part of our girls group is discussing our issues with food).    I just want to be fit!  Do things!  MOVE MORE.    with that we are trying to eat out less and cook more vegetbales.  Jeremiah got a new grill for father's day and so that's been an awesome treat.   

So, that's us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment