Friday, June 27, 2014

It's almost July!

Gideon and I have had a blessed summer. I am trying to remember to cherish it with him and pamper myself knowing that next summer it probably won't be as relaxing.   

Updates on potty training: 

Week four - 
Monday - only one accident at night. Was so excited during play. 
Tuesday - no accidents.  Asked to go pee and pooh by himself. Held his pee for four hours while at the mall.  So excited! 
Wednesday - only one accident - outside playing frisbee golf with daddy. 
Thursday - no accidents, even went potty at the library with momma!!  
Friday - an accident in the morning. As I was cleaning up, his " potty alarm" went off.   :(  but was dry when we went to the park and went potty at Aylas.  Currently in nap. Stayed the night at my parents and was accident free. 
Saturday - no accidents!   Picked Gideon up at mom/dads and then has brunch and went to a park.  Enjoyed reading in the cool summer, napped during a summer storm, read with Gideon and finished with making cookies for Jeremiah and going for a jog. 

I am so excited with his progress. Waking up dry both night and naps.  Very few poop accidents (he usually goes in the morning) and verbally tells us when he needs to go.  

Our biggest thing we need to work on is asking mom and daddy to go. That will be next months "challenges". 

We have also started using pull ups when we go out more.   He knows what it's like to have accidents but it is so much nicer on everyone - when we don't smell like pee.   We still take him potty, but it releases stress on my part.  

Also. "Bonus" to accidents is that it gives us a reason to clean.  Clean our floors. The couch. The kitchen chairs, almost all of them.  The bed. The rocking chair.  The toilet.  Haha. It's very clean in our home now ;) 

Family related. 
We are starting to support a family going on a mission to North Africa.  We pray that our small contribution will bless them and that the serving Jesus in those difficult areas will also be blessed.  
We still sponsor melkamu - our compassion child who is living in Ethiopia. 
Jeremiah received a blessing that he will no longer be serving with the 4-6th graders on Sundays but will be leading worship Thursday nights for a group for addicts going through recovery. I  excited to see how this mission will go.  

I personally have been feeling overwhelmingly blessed.  There is a peace in my heart about my identity in Jesus.  I am so loved and continue to feel his love through several people.  It is true - the more you sow the more you reap.  It's not about me, and what I get out of a relationship - but what I can give to others.  It had taken so much time learning this - buts blessing for sure. I am trying to be humble and continue to do kingdom work.   I am a work in progress - but his arms around me are so tight.  

I look forward to some family time over the holiday that is coming up.  It will be a nice get away for sure.     

God is so amazing.  I am just so in love with life right now.   Just have a lot of people to pray for - always.   

Back to reading, laundry, relaxing. :) 

Some pictures from the past week: 

Feeding animals at the zoo. 


Picking blueberries! We have gone twice.  Not to forget the blackberries I have picked in our backyard! 

On our way home from the library.  I got maze runner - never read it. 

He made an airplane train.  So smart. 

With love and blessings. 


No comments:

Post a Comment