Thursday, August 6, 2015

I tried - eating healthy

So I am on a weight loss journey.   A lifestyle change. #willlose60

I want to be healthy not just for myself but for my family and as a reflection of my spiritual journey as well.  

Last summer some girls and I read through "Made to Crave" by Lysa Terkeurst.  She reflected a lot on what we eat is more of what we are missing.  From her book: 
"But we must realize God created us to crave more of him. Many of us have misplaced that craving by overindulging in physical pleasures instead of lasting spiritual satisfaction. If you are struggling with unhealthy eating habits, you can break the “I’ll start again Monday” cycle, and start feeling good about yourself today."

This week I have been working out more and eating better.  I wanted to share a new treat!  

Frozen yogurt bites.   

I used a 1/4 cup and measured out yogurt into cupcake liners.  *note to self - use metal or the latex ones.  Paper has to be peeled very carefully.  

Each of these treats is only 50 calories.  I get my ice cream fix and feel spoiled at the same time. 

They are easy to fix. Quick to grab.  Already portioned control. 

What are some of your healthy snacks or meals.  What do you crave over Jesus? 

No comments:

Post a Comment