Wednesday, May 24, 2017

I tried - remembering #behindtheblogger

This is my FIRST post with #BehindTheBlogger!  I am incredibly excited to be participating.  But the first prompt I was given was one that I have thought about the past few weeks.  Struggled with the past few days.  Although incredibly open ended, it also opens up a lot of things I want or need to be sealed shut.

I kept thinking the prompt was like a scary question, at the end of a shot gun barrel.
Loaded. 
It WAS a loaded question.

Typically I lean towards the non-filter, blunt, very opinionated person, ALWAYS ready to share my perspective of my little corner in the world.

However, when I started to remember, I reminisced how I use too write poetry; so I set out to write y’all a poem.

I started with:

Don’t you remember the time you hurt me?
Don’t you remember the time you changed my path forever?

But that’s as far as I got.

*Writers Block - It's totally real*

I don’t remember.
I try not to remember.
I don’t want you to remember the hurt.
For I don’t want to remember either.

The situations that I want to remain in the past, locked away, have been dealt with.  They have been shared with caring hearts and listening ears.  In order to keep moving forward, growing and maturing, I must not stay in the past.




I honestly struggle with memory. If something happens in my life and it does not have a powerful impact (positive or negative) I tend to forget.   Sadly, because my brain works like this I am overwhelmed with strong memories that shape how I view the rest of the world.  There are times, as a child, my very broad and vivid imagination would allow for my brain to come up with scenarios that weren’t true.  AND I would believe them. I just remember these silly moments for I was incredibly embarrassed when I was told that my memory never happened.  That I was believing a fictional situation.

Pictures and photography became my best friend – those little 4X6 pieces of papers are sometimes my own personal history book.  A timeline of my life.  A real life.  Events that actually happened, not created in a false reality.

I am thankful for where I have been.  Those times have made me stronger.  Have written my story. Allowed me to bring something different to my community.  I am needed.

Don’t you remember……




#BehindTheBlogger Sidebar Button


Thank you for reading a story from #BehindTheBlogger Hop. Every 2 weeks a group of bloggers is given a writing prompt.These prompts are very open ended, so our bloggers can write about whatever they desire. The main rule is that their blog post directly relates to the topic of that week. The point of this hop is for our readers to get to know us on a personal level.

Please hop along and read all of the blog posts in this weeks hop. Just click the links below. If you want real and raw emotion, then you will find it here. After you read each post, please comment and share. We want to get to know you too!



No comments:

Post a Comment