Wednesday, June 7, 2017

That Father of Mine #behindtheblogger

That Father of Mine

Remember that time that I hugged a stranger thinking it was you, that father of mine.
Remember that time that I accidentally burned your father's day gift and you got a jar of ashes, that father of mine.
Remember that time that you wrote me a three page letter of why I will always be your baby girl, that father of mine.
Remember that time that we traveled 16 hours to sort through family problems -just you and me, that father of mine.
Remember that time, well timeS, that we argued for I am stubborn, but you always loved me, that father of mine.
Remember that time you taught me to shoot a gun, go fishing, clean a rabbit, drive a tractor and a standard, throw a ball, read a book, THAT father of mine.
Remember the time that you walked me down the aisle, only years later to sit and hold me when my heart was broken, that FATHER of mine.
Remember the time that we would spend mowing the church yard, or the post office, or your dad's yard - teaching me responsibility and spending precious time with me, that father OF mine.
Remember that time that I yelled at you, so angry at life, that father of MINE.
Remember that time that I wanted to tell I love you, for you are THAT FATHER OF MINE.

You are a man of few words, but great understanding.  I love more than anything watching you teach my boys about what it means to be a man.


~*~Happy Fathers Day~*~


#BehindTheBlogger Sidebar Button


Thank you for reading a story from #BehindTheBlogger Hop. Every 2 weeks a group of bloggers is given a writing prompt.These prompts are very open ended, so our bloggers can write about whatever they desire. The main rule is that their blog post directly relates to the topic of that week. The point of this hop is for our readers to get to know us on a personal level.

Please hop along and read all of the blog posts in this weeks hop. Just click the links below. If you want real and raw emotion, then you will find it here. After you read each post, please comment and share. We want to get to know you too!




No comments:

Post a Comment