Monday, January 2, 2017

I tried - living in two worlds

Hesitation.

I read a high school buddy's blog the other day and she had written about her one word for 2017- check out the movement here.  

I thought about what my word would be.  I was learning towards "better" - I want 2017 to be better.   What about change, transition, opportunity, intentional, different, excitement, unknowing, overwhelmed?

But all day today, everything that I have been doing, working on, or thinking about - I have been hesitant.

Hesitation.  

I am hesitant about this year.  Like a pool's water with questionable temperatures.  You want to slowly stick your toes in, to only jump back.  That's 2017.   Two days into a new year.  I'm wanting to jump back.  I was never a good swimmer any how.  

Hesitation.

I am hesitant with my actions, choices, words, relationships, thoughts, to-do list items, every basic task has become over whelming or flat out just takes longer for my mind to process the efficiency at which I want to do things.

Honestly - I just want to sit. Be. Be alone. Be done.  Be quiet.  Be lazy. Be better.

So, instead of "being" or doing "better" - I am hesitant.  

Hesitation.

Do I go through the boys closets for the second time this week, looking for things to sell?
Do I call and try to find a realtor to start the processing of selling our house?
Do I box up everything unwanted in hopes to make the process easier down the road?
Do I go to the store to buy my nephew's birthday present?
Do I go for a run, or work out, something I miss but haven't been doing?
Do I do the dishes and clean the house - a deep winter cleaning?
Do I text a friend who I feel as if they are hesitant in maintaining our relationship?
Do I look for my resume and update it?
Do I call this company again to get my courses and videos outlined?
Do I curl up and cry?
Do I pray, read and reflect?
Do I binge watch Girlmore Girls?
Do I take a nap?

Hesitant.  

I am hesitant because I don't know where to begin.  I want to do better, be better, in all aspects of my life.   But I am living in two worlds, and don't belong in either.

World A - it's changing.  I am a rock within the rapids.  Everything is moving around me.  But I wait for a big current to take me with it. It's a world which I don't belong.
World B - it's awaiting.  Awaiting with the what ifs.  It's the cliff of the river.  We can see it approaching, but the question of what is at the bottom - is unknowing.  You are hesitant to go over the cliff - what if there are only boulders and sharp rocks?  But we are told it should be a pool of refreshing water.

I am hesitant to even post this.

I am not wanting pity feedback.  I am not wanting for others to give me a false reality and tell me it's all going to be okay.  I am not wanting anyone to do anything, but push.

Can someone teaching me to swim, or better yet, just push me into the pool of 2017.  

I'm hesitant.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Rejoice always.  Pray without ceasing."  1 Thessalonians 5:16 - 17

No comments:

Post a Comment