Friday, January 13, 2017

I tried - dreaming big

At the start of the year,  I had made a template and was all excited about my check-boxes, and lists, and pretty little bullet-points.  Then reality hit.

I have too much to do.

I'm a working mom who loves to help.  Here's what my day looks like:

Leave the house by 7:15 (which is kinda late) with Gideon.  We eat breakfast in the car.
Entertain, I mean teach, 140 kiddos for several hours.   Until 3:30 or 4:30 on tutoring days.
Go get Gideon
Go get Soren.
Get home.  It's almost 5.
Somehow I make dinner while trying to please the several demands of my two boys.  (Jeremiah is at work until 7 most nights).
Eat dinner.
Give boys baths.
Play and read with boys while trying to manage other small tasks (mail, etc).
Boys to bed - on a good night - both are asleep by 8:30.  A good night.
Do dishes, pick up, clean up, turn around.  Repeat... it's like the "electric slide" but, for moms.
Maybe complain to my husband here and there.
Sit on the couch.  It's now almost 10.

No sweat. I'm ambitious.  I can read the Bible, read some of a book, do a little work out (because my running has gone down hill), have time to socialize on social media.  Yeah right!?

I'm tired.

I am helping out with a church event that requires a lot of time.  I was asked to share my testimony on two topics.  I keep questioning on what and how to write.  Praying for the correct words.  Not enough words - come back tomorrow and try again.  Plus several other tasks that I am honored to be apart of, but keep praying for God to help me to make those I am serving fill loved - even before we get there.

I am helping transition to a big move.
Watch videos to get my teaching license valid in another state - which requires watching several videos over their "state history." Plus the quizzes... the quizzes.. the surveys.   PAPER WORK.
I'm setting up appointments with the realtor to help get our house on the market.
Trying to go through things to prepare to move and have a garage sale.
I need to make sure that when I am done teaching this year that I can fill out more paper work about student loans. Oh joy.
I am trying to make sure that this duck and this chick are all in the right spots.

Plus, laundry.  Yeah - that's a fun Friday night Fact of life.  
Or pay bills.
Or...
And....

I am tired and dream too big.

I still like my goals.  And honestly, I am not ever a quitter.   I will achieve them.  But this momma, who has to teach Sunday School, needs a break.

But until we move and all of the busy work is settled into the dust my big dreams need to wait.

So, here it is - week 3 to 2017 -
Dream small.

Small goals.
I want to enjoy time with my family and not be so stressed which causes me to be on edge and angry.
I want to eat healthy but not micromanage every detail.
I want to find rest, even if it's in a few episodes of Gilmore Girls (without feeling guilty).

This week's memory verse: 


No comments:

Post a Comment