Friday, September 16, 2016

I tried - trusting more than I should [Chapter 5]

Predicting that there will always be chaos is predictable.

Chapter 5 - Hello, My Name is Trust Issues


She starts out this chapter talking about me (did anyone else feel like that?)  I enjoy being predictable, having a plan, a strategy, to understand all angles, to be able to use logic or reason to rationalize ideas and concepts.  Yup, that's me!  I am loyal, analytical, and pretty much just a constant - like the number 6.

I too crave for life to just make sense.

Although I like to fix problems, help fight injustice, show people all angles and that there are two sides of the story.   I also like peace, stability, and keeping my head in the sand.

I cracked up when she talked about math being like life.   I always get enjoyment out of shows, movies, interviews, books, all media that uses math as the subject to "fail at".  As the subject that is hated.



(Not going to lie, totally just found this and thought it was about life it would work... haha!
Be thankful and you'll be happy!)

Maybe so many people fail at math because we now have learned to cling to chaos more than we cling to Christ?
Maybe so many people fail at math because we no longer want or seek after that predictability.
Maybe so many people fail at math because they simply can not be told they are wrong, or don't like TRUSTING the people who have gone before them.


Rhetoric question:  Why are we so good at pushing people away?  I have seen my peers do it, I have seen co-workers do it, I have seen my family do it.  I have done it.  A lot!    I thought by pushing people away I would protect myself.

The only way to learn to trust people is by having people around us.
The only way to have people around us is to share our stories and be transparent.

Page 62 "God will fill us where we are not just full, but over flowing."


God loves us so much, that He fills us with his love.  And if we don't chase after other things, than that love will become over flowing.

What do you chase after instead of chasing God?

-Order
-Control
-Pride

God,
God you are good.  God you are good to me.  God you are good at being God.  Without you, I am nothing.  I am empty and alone.   I come to you needing to be filled up.   I come to you because you are greater than me.  When I am weak, you are strong.  When I am tired you are my energy source.  When I am isolated, you are near.  God, I just ask that you watch over these women reading this book all over the globe.  I pray that they can be filled, that they can be over flowing with your love, joy, and encouragement.  That our trust issues are from the enemy, they are not worth our time.  That we must trust in you.  You are in control.  We want to pursue and chase you.  Fill us up and send us out.

Live loved


Listen to: Tim Hughes - God of Justice

"Fill us up and send us out, fill us up and send us out
Fill us up, send us out Lord
Fill us up, send us out, You fill us up and You send us out
Fill us up, send us out Lord, yeah

Acting justly, loving mercy
We must go, we must go
To the broken and the hurting
We must go, we must go"


No comments:

Post a Comment