Monday, September 5, 2016

I tried - facing honesty [Chapter 1 of Uninvited]

A week or so ago I posted about a book, "Uninvited" by Lysa TerKeurst, that when it's title appeared in my e-mail, I had to investigate and not quickly hit delete.

I was so excited about this opportunity that I used social media and found other women, (that I knew!), who were also interested in doing a study through this book.

My goal: As a facilitator, of a few lovely women I want to help them, and myself, to dig deep into our cores and find what past rejections have not been resolved and how to help develop mature spirituality when dealing with future situations.

I would like (going to try to keep this up) to blog about every chapter.



So here we are:

Chapter 1 - I'd Rather Ignore Honesty

This was definitely and introduction chapter.   For I wasn't yet drawn into her words.  This could be me, my lack of emotions, or that I am wanting these shocking AHH HAAA moments, but I was a little underwhelmed and excited await the next chapter.     Did anyone else feel this way?

I agree with what she was saying; that there is always work to be done.   Although I believe I am getting better with rejection, or being left out, because I am not as quick to be brought down, or as hard on my self.  But it still hurts.  Even a week ago I was hurt by some things that were done.  Even if they weren't intentional, they brought up some reminders of "why me?"

Does anyone else find honesty refreshing and helpful?



For me - I do!   I tend to be pretty direct and matter of fact; which my honesty, when not used carefully, can actually hurt people.   But I do whole heartedly believe that growth only comes from opportunities of truth.    I am really good at telling people this, but not always following my own words.

Some of my favorite quotes:
"Spiritual maturity doesn't shield me from rejection."  Page 3  This quote brings me comfort that no matter how "famous" a person is globally or even with in your local church, they are still human and need love too.




John 15 kept reappearing to me.    It started out as John 15: 13-15, but as you continue to read, the entire chapter is a great reminder that we are loved.  Someone died for us to know eternal love.  How amazing is that.  You and I are worth his love.  WE ARE WORTH HIS LOVE <-----   John 15:5 is another great reminder.   We are nothing without him.   Try not to hum "what a friend I have in Jesus......."


Ending thoughts and group questions (if not in the facebook group and would like to do this study, please let me know.  Feel free to comment below as well):

**Honesty helps us heal and grow while rejection ties us to lies in the past.  Do you agree?
**When and how were you "rejected" lately - was it related to a past issue?  How far back?
**What habits do you fall into or lies you believe wen you are stressed or feel unwanted?
**In the back, "Things I don't want you to forget," which is your favorite or a focus for this chapter?
**Did God give us broken relationships so we will know what is different about his perfect relationship with us?


How can I pray for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment