Thursday, October 6, 2016

I tried - to fight the enemy [Chapter 12]

I am a fighter.  I am loyal to a fault. By nature, words are my choice weapon.  I was the child who would back-talk their parents.  I was the peer who was sly on what to say and when  to say.    My dad always thought I'd be a lawyer; I had so much passion, drive, I was quick witted and quick tempered. I was committed and would stand my ground, even if I knew I was wrong.  I would not back down.  I wanted to fight for the lack of justice in the my life and later in the world.

So, I became a teacher.

Chapter 12: The Enemy's Plan Against You

This chapter has been sprinkled throughout the book.  That when we accept rejection, perceived or snatched, we are a pawn in the Enemies plan or game.  When we fight with friends and loved ones, another piece of the kingdom is torn down.    When we allow for hurt to take up residence in our heart for far too long, the lack of the eviction notice makes the enemy smile.  

"The Devil is vicious but is not victorious."  Page 151


The enemy wants us to focus our needs, wants, and desires to be filled by worldly things.  If we are not being filled up by God's love, mercy, kindness, and grace we are being filled by worldliness.    The further we are from God the less our relationship with him can grow and the closer the enemy gets to winning.    

Crave:
The devil comes after us by wanting us to feel empty, he wants us to crave other physical pleasures, from sex to food to drugs to money and status.  If we are craving something other than  God, the enemy is after us.     JESUS PROMISES that we are filled by God.  He provides, protects and plans. 

Lust:
The devil wants us to feel deprived so that we will desire the world around us.  That through our fleshly desires we will be lacking rejection. Mark 8:36 states, what good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet lose his soul?  JESUS PROMISES that we can live sacred or secret lives.  If we are living secret lives, we are being ate alive from the inside.  


Boast:
The devil wants us to use tools from the world to make our rejections feel more like success.  It was interesting to see the different emotions people felt while on social-media.  JESUS PROMISES that when He is with us, we have nothing to fear.   He wants us to praise Him, to glorify Him, to honor Him.  



Testing God is what the enemy wants.  
Trusting God is what the kingdom needs. 


Are you a fighter?
What or who are you fighting for?
How do you start your day?
What has your focus most of the day?

I tried to fight the enemy, but  I am weak. 
Live loved so the enemy doesn't stand a chance.  

If you are in the middle of the battle - listen to Mandisa's "Overcomer" and remember how strong you are! If you need prayer, please ask.  

God - the enemy is strong.  The closer we get to you, the more we are going to feel pull from outside forces.  Be with those who are going through spiritual battles all over this globe.  You hold each of us in the palm of your hand.  Thank you for the gift you have given me; and please be with me that I can love others and build your kingdom here.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment