Sunday, January 27, 2019

I tried to {FOCUS} on ONE

I am a one.  Yup,  numero uno.

(Correction, I think I am a one.... I am currently reading The Road Back To You... and I might actually not be a 1)

In all seriousness, according to the Enneagram, I am a 1 wing 2.   A '1' is the "reformer" but with a wing of '2' I become the "advocate"....

My husband has been studying the Enneagram for almost a year now for his master's program.  Then months later it started to become part of conversations with peers and friends.. the bandwagon... maybe...

However, I enjoy learning more about who I am and what makes me 'tick' - if I better understand my self then maybe, just maybe, I can help others to better understand me too.

Some quotes (and trigger words) that I couldn't stop nodding yes to:
"They are teacher, crusaders, and advocates for change: always striving to improve things, but afraid of making a mistake."
"They typically have problems with resentment and impatience."
"...triggering Ones' abandonment issues - and more anger and criticism."
"They strive after "higher values," even at the cost of great personal sacrifice."
"....they also typically feel that they have to justify their actions to themselves..."
"They are people of instinct and passion who use convictions and judgements to control and direct themselves and their actions."
"(level 9, the lowest of 'healthy') severe depression"
"It is easy for you to work yourself up into a lather about the wrongdoings of others."
"...do not expect others to change immediately...."
"They will try to solve problems in the relationship by discussing the issues involved since neither likes emotionally charged bickering or unresolved issues."

I probably should have just said... Hey, go read this.. and this... and the whole blog/book about it.

For once, I feel like someone might truly understand me.  It's weird.  They are in my head.

Sleeping At Last created songs for each of the 9 Enneagram types.  I encourage you (as the teacher type) to start learning about yourself for the new year, dive deep.  Take your time.  Soak up the words.  Open your heart, even just a crack.  Or at least check out Sleeping At Last.


I think 2019 will be a great year of discovering more about this.  I am INTJ women (and this one is good too..oh, and this ... last one by a different writer). So now, to learn more about OneWingTwo ♥

Now, not to get ahead of myself; but maybe my word for 2020 (eww, that date is weird) should be GRACE.  Apparently it is what Ones need to FOCUS on =]

Drop a comment: do you like learning about yourself?  Do you find assessments helpful or restricting?

No comments:

Post a Comment