Monday, January 1, 2018

EMBRACE {2018}

For the past two years (2016 and 2017), I have written a post about the new year and my goals; and through these years I have been transforming, changing and growing, meeting some goals and not others.

Last year I wanted to be BETTER for the year; it was my one word to focus on for the year. Although there were ups and downs the year was wonderful.


EMBRACE ROMANS 12

I want to embrace less, love, challenges, change, boldness, deepness, awkwardness, grace, prayer and forgiveness, generosity, patients, honor, service. I want to embrace the simplicity and joy and spontaneity of 2018.

I want to embrace each day for what it has to offer.
I want to embrace life.

Full living.

Embrace my Mind
Embrace my Body
Embrace my Soul

Embracing my mind will consist of reading 18 books this year.  Last year I wanted to read 12 books and exceeded it by reading 17 books.  I am going to use goodreads to help keep track, have community, and search for new reads.   I want to renew my mind.


Embracing my body last year was making a better body and self image.  I met running goals and did lose weight.  This year I would like to find my lowest weight of 140 pounds and then maintain it.  My first major goal is that I will be finishing up a dietbet in the next coming weeks.  I plan on using the 30 day app to help me track my goals as well as some cross training with sworkit when I am not running. Embrace and worship how God created me.


Embracing my soul. I truly want to continue to focus on deepening my love and closeness to God. Naturally, as I think lots of Christians do around the New Years, I want to pray more, read the Bible with greater understanding, being better.  To embrace my soul I want to embrace ALL of Romans 12; discovering my gifts, encouraging others, being joyful, hopeful and faithful.  To live a life of love. 


I have a calendar that I will be logging and journaling my daily moments and opportunities to embrace.  Some days I will fall short and other days I will feel like a champion.  There will be other habits and disciplines to help me embrace the year; but I truly want to keep it a simple year.  Too much structure does not allow for opportunity.

~ 2018 ~
Embrace my mind - read 18 books
Embrace my body - be 140 pounds
Embrace my soul - live Romans 12

2 comments:

  1. Inspiring! A wonderful word and I appreciate the ways you've personalized it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for always reading and encouraging me. I really do appreciate it.

      <3

      Delete