Thursday, September 21, 2017

I tried - the news

Dear Heavenly Father, 

My heart is tearing like the veil. 
The news. Cops making MY friends, GODS children walk into on coming traffic - yelling at her and her 1 year old son.  I am outraged. Protect them. ALL of them. Black lives matter - they are white but were peacefully loving their black family, neighbors, friends - their home. 
The news. A local teenager took their life. A home is missing their son.  
The news. Earthquakes destroying, fires burning, droughts in Africa - Mother nature is raging war globally. Homes no longer standing in existence. 
The news. Our country might be bombed; by a person, another human - that others have degraded by calling him rocket man.  (Because that's professional).  Home of the brave we claim? 
The news.  Our president.  Sigh.  He needs prayer. Break him. Humble him. Use his loud mouth. I pray the loudness will be truth one day.  So our home will continue to pray for leaders. 
The news. Unwanted relations. Be with the children. Heal their hearts, bodies and mind.   Make home safe again. 
The news. People are fleeing. They have no home. 
The news. Explaining accidents to my kindergartener, again, as we drive home. 
The news. Another job loss. Another home facing foreclosure. 
The news. Another child hungry. Another homeless friend. 
The news. Another marriage ending. Another home torn. 
The news. Another miscarriage occurred. Home is in deep sorrow. 
The news. Another sick loved one; surgery, cancer, illness. Hospitals unfortunately more frequented than home. 
The news. 

I. Am. Overwhelmed. 
The news is, I look forward to Heaven.  The news will be different there. This world is not my home. 

God - as you and only you search my heart, may you find the words to my prayer, for this world is falling apart one stitch at a time. Being ripped. 


Thank you for the GOOD news. We fervently await your return to take us home.  

God, I ask that when given the opportunity I can love people better. Feed the hungry. Welcome the stranger. Hug the hurting. Stand with the black, refugee, homeless, gay, orphaned person.  God,I cry from the pits of my soul to do more.  

But. I am at home. So I pray. 

The news. 

1 comment:

  1. From Jesus Always by Sarah Young - "The next time you're feeling inadequate, turn to Me immediately. I lovingly meet you in the place of your neediness."

    The news would tell a different story if everyone turned to Jesus. In the meantime do exactly what you said. Pray. Love. Serve.

    ReplyDelete