Saturday, November 7, 2015

[UPDATE]

Looking at my last post from 10/9 - it's been almost a month!


It has been a full fall season with lots of friends, family, and fun! 

I am not even for sure where to begin.

The boys had a great Halloween, we took family pictures a while ago, I am still running/on a weight loss journey/lifestyle change. 

Jeremiah only has about a month left of school.  Another semester under his belt.   I am just truly blessed to call him my husband.

I have started meeting with a mentor friend. Julie is great and I always look forward to meeting with her about life, ministries, marriage, families, life, JESUS.  On our first meeting she gave me a journal.  The journal is probably one of the reasons (of several) that I have not written in a while.  But through this journal I have been able to write more about how I see God moving in our lives.  It is a nice way to start, be during, and end the day.  God is Good.

Being as November is the 'thankful' month on social media.  I have not been participating in the sense of writing a post of what I am thankful for every day.   1) I do believe that we should be thankful every day regardless of the month/holiday.   2) repeat number 1. 


Writing in my journal I have seen God answer prayers, work through my personal negativity and lack of value.  I have been able to write about my life style change, take better sermon notes, put ink to paper my life goals. 


The boys are both doing really well.  Soren is 4.5 months old already - seriously, where is the time going!?!?  Gideon is by far the BEST big brother possible.  He aims to see his brother smile and doesn't like to hear him cry (and sometimes only Gideon can get Soren to laugh when no one else can).   Gideon is doing really well in pre-school as is his daddy.    

I have a few students who are rough; but I think they are coming around.  As I was talking to Julie this week I had a couple of questions for her 1) how do you be intentional when so many are broken or need that constant love 2) relationships are more important than math (sometimes hard for me to admit).  

This year I am writing all of my students a Christmas card.  I am constantly reminded them that their self value is not in the grade they get in math - it is a number - it is ambiguous. I truly do care for all of these kiddos.

Lately I have been thinking about my future.  I went to school to teach, and thought that is that.  I didn't think about what God has in store for me.  I still have 3 years of teaching while Jeremiah finishes his bachelors and then will be completing his masters.  I think after he is done with his education I am going to go back for counseling.  Jeremiah thinks I should get the pastoral counseling degree.  I just want to work with those that need it most.    But we will see - God always has a better plan  =] 

No comments:

Post a Comment