Monday, February 23, 2015

Update - Sorry for the wait.

So, obviously I do not get paid to be blogging.  I do it for my own enjoyment.  Maybe one day.   You know, one can dream.


October - At the start of the month Gideon gave us a scare with his tummy.  Over the weekend he would complain about his tummy (he would even cry sometimes)  but the 'spells' would come every hour or so and last just for a bit - like contractions.  Finally, Monday, we took him to see his doctor where he immediately admitted him into the hospital for test.  He had a good idea what it was, but needed monitoring.   He had intussusception (spelling?).  In the course of three days in the hospital. He had visited two different hospitals.  Rode two ambulances.  Flew on one medic airplane.  had 4 x-rays, 1 ultra sound, 2 bariums, little sleep, several chocolate milks and no potty accidents.  As a mother, it broke my heart to watch him in pain and not be able to help him in time of need.  I.... me.... HIS MOTHER..... had to help assist in the first barium ..... held him down.... screaming, tears running down his face.   WOW.  That.  Was.  Difficult.   
On a good note.  He's all better.  Still likes doctors.  


Rest of October - we celebrated fall by going to two different festivals, having a little party of our own, trick-or-treating in my parents neighborhood after a church evening, and found out that I am pregnant!  

BABY 2 DUE IN JUNE! 


November - here came the sickness.  Not like a crazy metal song, but seriously.... this pregnancy has/is rough.  I was very, incredibly nauseous for about the first 16 weeks, I gained 15-20 pounds by the time December came around and was just in an overall funk.  We took some time and drove with our dear friends' Thomas family to go to ICOM, Internal Conference on Missions,   It was a great trip - but could have been better if I was in a better mode/feeling.    Celebrated Thanksgiving with Jeremiah's family where we shared the news about baby 2.   Thankfully my midwife gave me some medicine to help get things under control. 


December - Jeremiah had his play, the living Christmas Tree, that kept him busy followed by his birthday and finals.  We blinked our eyes and had a wonderful Christmas.   The two weeks off from school were so nice - yet, I was so SICK!!  Gideon had a wonderful/simple Christmas and he's getting to be such a big boy. 


January - no snow days!   My second nephew was born, he's adorable and according to Gideon, Abel 'got out of Amanda by stairs'   - if only it could be that easy.    Nothing too special this month.  Just getting back into the routine of work/school for our family. 

February - we found out that our baby is going to be another xy!    Soren Paul Jones is due June 29th!    Gideon  is thrilled to have a baby brother.  At times I was hoping for a girl, but the excitement of getting to share the lives of two boys and raise them to be Godly men is wonderful.    Luckily I haven't been as sick in the second trimester, just trying to slow down my crazy weight gain problem.  For Valentine's day we went to a marriage retreat (asked to go so Jeremiah could lead worship) - it was a nice time/get away for us.  My sister had the privilege of watching Gideon over the weekend........ they still want four kids.  ehhehe.    The following weekend was our first nephew's 2nd birthday.   That night Jeremiah and I watched all three boys. 

God has blessed us:
We continually get to give to sponsor a child of ours in Ethiopia.  
We get to pray and give for a family as they follow God's hear in N. Africa. 
We pray for another couple who are making leaps and bonds for God's kingdom in NYC. 
We have been asked and accepted being apart of our friend's role as they support raise to go to Mexico (a challenge in it's own for we are sad that they will be going, but excited that God has a huge plan to use them). 
We have been blessed to survive and have another day of life. 
We are blessed with our growing family is healthy at this point. 
We are thankful for all of the opportunities and praise Jeremiah has received via his college and the church. 

God = Good: 






Some prayer request/personal struggles.
1) For our marriage  - we are in a good place right now.   At the marriage retreat we heard about this formula  passion + intimacy + commitment = healthy marriage           And I am lacking in the passion department.   Because I'm pregnant, I am exhausted and "ugly" and don't want to do anything.  If you know what I mean.    So trying to keep the passion in our marriage is something I am trying to get better at.  

2) Financial responsibility -  Jeremiah tells me not to worry about money.  Matthew 6:24 to serve  only God and not money.    But I look at that like people who work for greed/money.  I work, because I want to be able to pay/provide for our family and then the better we are at using our money the more we can do for our kingdom financially. 


3) Transitions.  In the next few months Jacob will be moving out.  Soren will be moving in.  Jeremiah will be starting an internship. 


4) Small group - we have started a small group, and it the commitment has been slower than we would like.  Pray for committed families and hearts.  and that Jeremiah can be a good leader. 

5) That I can be healthy in mind, body, and spirit. 



Looking ahead:

March - Gideon turns 3!  His 3rd birthday party.    Spring break (Jeremiah is doing the wilderness adventure and Gideon and I will be going with my mom to Texas to see family).  Doctors appointments, preschool screenings,  getting ready for third trimester with Soren.  

April - school focus.  Easter weekend


May - end of school!  Anniversary! 

June - baby Soren!

July - birthdays and family trip to Florida, flying with a toddler will be fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment